Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Method 12

I'm almost finished. (I've got to get started on my annual report for this year or I would have drawn this out a little longer.) I sent off the survey a few minutes ago and said nice things I really meant about this program. I liked this version much better than the 23 steps.
I am one of those folks that belonged to more than a dozen email listserves to try to find information on lots of topics. For me the RSS readers were the best thing. I am comfortable with Google Reader now and have found over 40 feeds to read. Some of them are just folks I think are interesting and others are on target for projects I am handling.
Maybe my next favorite thing was what I read about wikis. I am going to have to be involved with creating one for my library in the near future and the various links you included were good background information. The samples you included showed some good and some less good examples.
My least favorites were the social networks. Maybe it is just a generation gap or maybe they are a waste of time (Twitter especially)
What surprised me the most was this blog. I never though I would enjoy just writing something and leaving it out there for the world to read. I think I am more comfortable this time around because I really don't think anyone will ever read this but it is a little like a diary. But easier to correct spelling errors. Will I keep doing this as a life long goal. I don't know> I kept a diary for awhile as a girl ; maybe I'll start again.
If you do this again will I take part. Probably. I have learned a number of things from your various programs in the past. The question would be what to offer. Maybe something about redoing a library on the cheap. I'd enjoy that and in this economy we may need it.
Thanks. It has been informative and enjoyable.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on completing the program and thank you so much for your participation! I really enjoyed reading your blog entries -- and your statement about CB radios (and Facebook) really made me laugh! :-) I'm glad you enjoyed this program! Best wishes, Naomi

    ReplyDelete