Sunday, October 18, 2009

Method 7

I must admit that the first thing that attracted me to Delicious was the fact that I can never keep my various favorites/bookmarks in sync on my 3 computers; laptop, work and home. Here is a product that would let me look up that new favorite from anywhere. I did not ever get interested in tagging my selections. But after litening to the 2 videos that were mentioned I looked at the Inbox a little closer. As you may remember I am looking for materials on information commons for my job so I typed in informmmation commons. That first hit was not very useful but the search box offered other possible selections based on tags from other people and I clicked on one of them. Eureka. The mother lode. 1. An ALA bibliography on information commons, a Educause video from a year ago on information commons. and much more. Maybe these other folks are better searchers or they have more time than me to look around but why shouldn't I profit from their expertise.
I am now trying to tag a least some of my items to get a little order into a growing list favorites. I have no problems creating my own version of subject headings for my favorites without worrying about what LC would do. But I'm not a cataloger by trade. I'm betting there are real cataloguers out there who are cringing at tags.

No comments:

Post a Comment