Saturday, October 17, 2009

Method 6

You Tube can be soo! addictive. I have a dozen things to do today and yet found myself watching different videos on YT trying to find a good one (no the best one) to add to my blog. We are in the beginning process of adding an information commons/learning commons into my library. We visited one in person but it is time consuming and expensive and only so many folks get to go. YT allows me to see places I will never see in person while sitting at home. I must have visted 10 this morning. Here's the one I want to keep


This particular video shows a richer and bigger library than we can ever hope to have but I would like to incorporate some of its elements into this one.
Now off to have some fun Do you know how many cat videos there are on YT? I am going to "waste" more time I'm sure.
Here is one last thought As I write this I am listening to Dr. Wesch lecture. The odds are I will never get to sit in a lecture room at the Library of Congress. I will never buy a video copy of this video assuming it is for sale. And yet because of YT, I learn at the feet of a master teacher in the privacy of my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment